Travelling to Benin?
If you are travelling to Benin for business or leisure you will require a visa to enter. Please note that the granting of any Benin Visa is dependent upon consular discretion.
Visa application form duly completed and signed by each applicant.
- Passport must be valid for a period of at least one month after departure from the Republic of Benin.
- One recent passport size photograph of the applicant. Children accompanying must also provide a photo.
- $50.00 (Fifty dollars fee) for each applicant – Non refundable.
- Letter from the employer stating purpose and period of visit. Applicants attending training, conferences, workshops and courses need to provide a letter of invitation with telephone numbers in addition to a letter from the employer.
- For self-employed applicants, letter from their business (es) with current contact address (es).
- For children traveling unaccompanied by both parents, a letter of consent signed by both parent(s) must be provided. Single parents should provide an affidavit indicating they are the sole guardians of their children.
- Valid yellow fever and cholera certificates are required for all persons aged above one year.
- All supporting documents need to be submitted in original + 1 set of copies. All documents must be submitted at the time of application; the Visa Section will not accept incomplete applications.
- Payment is to be made via electronic money transfer, bankers cheque or direct deposit to The Consulate of the Republic of Benin, Bank of Africa A/C No 04016560007, Uhuru Highway Branch.
- CASH payments are NOT acceptable.
- Applicant must have two blank visa pages in their passports.
- Applicants must hold a non-negotiable onward return ticket.
- Yellow fever and Cholera vaccines should be taken at least 14days before the date of travel.
- Processing of visa takes two working days
- Consular hours (TUESDAY – THURSDAY 9.00AM – 3.00PM). No applications after 3.00PM
Vaccination against yellow fever required.
Flights to Benin
Take advantage of incredible flight offers to China and discover the pulsting mega cities of Beijing and Shanghai, walk the Great wall and cruise the Yangtze river.