Travelling to France?
If you are teavelling to France for business or leisure you will require a visa to enter. Please note that the granting of any French Visa is dependent upon consular discretion.
Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid for a minimum of 3 months beyond the period of intended stay.
Location: 15th Floor, Barclays Plaza, Loita Street, Nairobi
Tel: +254 20 277 8000 – Emergency: + 254 733 682 231
FOR KENYAN CITIZENS.
- Minimum processing period for Schengen visa 3 working days.
- Visas for French overseas Territories (Reunion, Mayotte…) please contact French Embassy for processing period.
FOR NON KENYAN CITIZENS.
- Kenyan Residence Permit (RE-ENTRY PASS) endorsed in their passports valid at least 6months after the expiry of the requested visa.
- Processing period for issuing a Schengen Visa depends on the nationality of the applicant.
Note: Due to the Biometric system, visa applications MUST be brought to the Embassy by the applicant himself.
FEE FOR SCHENGEN VISA:
- Equivalent of € 60 paid in cash in Kenyan shillings only ( kshs. 6122 ) ( exact amount is required)
- Paid upon submission of the application ( application fee is not refundable)
Note: fee in local currency may change according to the exchange rate.
TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OLD
- Birth certificate for each child + letter or certificate from school.
- Affidavit authorizing child to travel signed by both parents if the child is traveling alone or with one parent only.
- Copy of parents passports.
Supporting documents must be submitted in original and clear photo copies of the same.
- Copies of valid passport and previous visas if any (the passport must be valid 3months minimum after expiry of the visa.)
- One application form, duly filled, date and signed by the applicant.
- One passport size coloured photo.
- Air-booking (return) – print out of the air ticket.
- letter from the employer or company ( located in Kenya)
- pay slips for 3months
- Medical insurance for repatriation and medical care valid in all Schengen states during the travel period.
- Means of support: last 3months personal bank statements, certified by the bank ( international credit card, Traveller cheques, receipt of a bank regarding purchasing of foreign currencies may be useful but do not replace the bank statements)
- “Attestation d’ accueil” ( = Proof of accommodation ) if you are invited by a friend or a relative this document must be filled out in France ( City Hall) by the host and sent in original to the applicant
- Documentary proof of family relationship between the host and applicant.
- Or: Hotel booking in France duly confirmed by the hotel and sent by fax to the French Embassy FAX NO: 254 20 2778680 or 254 20 2778681
THE EMBASSY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DEMAND MORE INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE.
The letter from the medical Insurance must state the following:
- Coverage for ALL SCHENGEN states.
- Amount of coverage.
- Validity period of Medical Insurance.
On the 5th April 2010 a new Visa regulation came into force for all Schengen Member States. If you want to apply for a Schengen visa, please consider the following:
- All visa applications have to be submitted at least 15 calendar days before the date of the intended departure.
- An application submitted less than 15 calendar days before the intended departure may be accepted, but the applicant should bear in mind that the final decision might be taken after the intended date of departure.
- Visa applications cannot be submitted earlier than three months before the start of the intended visit.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to take the necessary precautions to respect the deadlines where an appointment system is in place.
- Normal processing time for visa applications can take up to 15 calendar days.
- When further scrutiny is needed, the deadline may be extended up to a maximum of 30 calendar days. Exceptionally, where additional documentation is required, the deadline may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days after the application has been considered admissible.
Vaccinations not required.
Kenyan Embassy in Paris, France
3, rue Freycinet, 75116 Paris, France
TELEPHONE: (+33) 1 220.127.116.11
FAX: (+33) 1 18.104.22.168
HEAD OF MISSION
Salma Ahmed, Ambassador
Flights to France
Take advantage of incredible flight offers to China and discover the pulsting mega cities of Beijing and Shanghai, walk the Great wall and cruise the Yangtze river.