Travelling to Hungary?
If you are travelling to Hungary for business or leisure you will require a visa to enter. Please note that the granting of any Hungarian Visa is dependent upon consular discretion.
Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid for a minimum of 3 months beyond the period of intended stay.
- 1 passport-size color photo (not older than 6 months);
- A wholly and legibly completed, signed application form:
- The application form may be acquired free of charge at the consulates or downloaded from the website of the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (www.kulugyminiszterium.hu). Schengen application forms are uniform, therefore any application form used by any of the Schengen Member States can be used for applying at Hungarian consulates.
- a travel medical insurance (a travel insurance providing cover for at least 30.000 € for financing urgent health services and homeward transportation due to medical reasons, valid for the whole period of stay and for the territory of every Schengen State);
- a certificate proving lawful stay, if the applicant is not a citizen of the country where he hands in his application.
- Besides meeting the above general requirements, the applicant shall also supply a certificate of the financial coverage of his/her expenses, and a certificate of the purpose of the visit.
The secure electronic visa was applied at some diplomatic and consular missions abroad, and at the different entry ports since 1/8/2007, and the program is currently being generalized in all the Egyptian missions abroad.
- Application for an airport transit visa (A), transit visa (B) or short-term entry visa (C) 60 EUR
- Application for a long stay visa for the purpose of seasonal work 40 EUR
Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination .
Valid visas in full, invalidated travel documents are accepted provided accompanied by a new travel document.
A valid residence permit in an expired or invalidated travel document is accepted provided holding a valid travel document.
Passports and/or passport replacing documents issued more than 10 years prior to date of travel are not accepted.
Visitors not holding return/onward tickets, or sufficient funds to purchase a ticket, could be refused entry.
Vaccinations not required.
Flights to Hungary
Take advantage of incredible flight offers to China and discover the pulsting mega cities of Beijing and Shanghai, walk the Great wall and cruise the Yangtze river.