Travelling to Iran?
If you are travelling to Iran for business or leisure you will require a visa to enter. Please note that the granting of any Iranian Visa is dependent upon consular discretion.
Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid for a minimum of 6 months beyond the period of intended stay.
- Valid passport at least 6 months
- Two passport size coloured photographs(current or at least six months old)
- Ziarat visa – applicants should be Shia, must be accompanied by family member and have a letter from Shia Jamat ( location: Park road complex, Muslim road)
- Business-invitation note from business partners in Iran
- Note from the Ministry of Trade and Industry or a letter from Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
- Certificate of health from Iran medical Clinic
- Personal bank statements for the last 2 months.
- Non-Kenyans must have Kenyan re-entry pass and resident permit in their passport.
- Copy of Certificate of incorporation
Kenyan Passport Holders 7,350.00
British Passport Holders 9,740.00
Indian Passport Holders 6,336.00
Visa upon arrival is not possible.
Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
All foreigners entering Iran must report to the police within 8 days after arrival.
Reporters, journalists, photographers and cameramen of any nationality other than Iranian require a visa.
Admission will be refused to women not wearing Islamic head cover, scarf, long sleeves or stockings.
Admission refused to holders of passports or travel documents containing a visa/stamp for Israel
Visitors not holding return/onward ticket could be refused entry.
Vaccination against yellow fever required if arriving within 6 days after leaving or transiting countries with risk of yellow fever transmission.
Kenyan Embassy in Tehran, Iran
No. 13 Mahyar Street, Africa Avenue
P.O. Box 19395-4566,Tehran, Iran
Telephone: (+98) (21) 2204 99 67 / 8
Fax: (+98) (21) 22 65 10 83
Office hours: Sun-Thu: 09.00-15.30
HEAD OF MISSION
Dr Rashid Ali, Ambassador
Flights to Iran
Take advantage of incredible flight offers to China and discover the pulsting mega cities of Beijing and Shanghai, walk the Great wall and cruise the Yangtze river.