Travelling to Spain?
If you are travelling to Spain for business or leisure you will require a visa to enter. Please note that the granting of any Spanish Visa is dependent upon consular discretion.
Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid for a minimum of 3 months beyond the period of intended stay.
Information on Schengen visas.
Application to be presented in person
- Application on the official form, hand written or typed, in capital letter, duly completed and signed.
- One recent photograph,4 x 5 cms, in colour but a plain white background without shadows showing full front face, and both ears, preferably without spectacle, and with no hat nor scarf nor sunglasses.
- Valid passport or official travel document accepted by Schengen countries, and valid for at least 3 months longer than the validity of the visa, with at least one blank visa page.
- Previous passport if any
- Kenyan resident permit or re-entry stamp in passport of non-Kenyans valid minimum 3 months after expiry of the visa (bank statement)
- Birth and / or marriage certificate may be required
- Invitation /proof of purpose of travel
- Personal Bank statement
- Evidence of accommodation in host country e.g. invitation from friends or family, hotel reservation, copy of lease agreement/title deed)
- Proof of sufficient funds or evidence of maintenance in host country
- Letter from employment, including information on leave of absence, if applicable
- If unaccompanied minor, signed letter of authorization and parental consent and a copy of parent/guardians passport
- Confirmed flight reservation, once the visa is authorized, the ticket will have to be presented.
- International Medical Insurance (Minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros) covering eventual fees for health care covering all schengen countries, hospital emergencies and medical repatriation ( original and one photocopy)
- Visa fee: 5,836/= p.p. for all passport holders
- A personal interview may be necessary at the discretion of the consul.
Note: all documents must be submitted at the same time as the application form. Incomplete application will not be accepted.
Additional specific required documentation supporting a visa application depends on the purpose of the visit
- Purpose of Visit: Visiting friends / relatives
- Official Invitation signed at a Spanish Police Station, specifying duration of visit, and confirming that accommodation, living expenses e.tc will be met.
- Proof of relationship to relative: birth certificate of applicant and birth certificate of relative, to prove said relationship.
- If employed, approval of leave via letter from employer
- If applicant finances the stay, bank statement or salary slips of previous three months as poof of adequate financial means. Originals only accepted.
- Travel itinerary from Travel agent
- Confirmed hotel reservation
- If employed, letter from the employer stating current position and monthly salary, and approval of leave. This letter must mention the complete company name, address, with telephone and telex numbers
- Bank statement or salary slips of previous three months as proof of solvency / adequate financial means. Original only accepted. Other documents proving adequate financial means.
- If self employed, copy of company registration in Kenya
- If working for a company, official letter from the employer, stating purpose of travel, and specifying who will finance the business trip. This letter must mention the complete company name, address, with email address, telephone and telefax numbers, where possible.
- Invitation from the company in Spain
- Bank statement or salary slips of previous three months as proof of solvency / adequate financial means.
- All the above documents must be presented in its original form.
- Invitation from the organizer of the conference / course in Spain to be forwarded directly by the said organizer, to the embassy of Spain in Kenya.
- If working for a company, original letter from the employer stating purpose of the conference / course, and who will finance the same. This letter must mention the complete company name, address, with e-mail address, telephone and telefax numbers, where possible.
- Proof of payment of conference / course
- Bank statements or salary slips of previous three months as proof of solvency / adequate means.
The consular section reserves the right to request any complementary documentation it considers necessary.
GRANTING OF THE VISA
Once all the required documents are presented, the consular section will decide within five working days, on the granting or denying of the visa.
All applicants may enquire about the position by calling on telephone 254 20 342228 / 32.
Valid visas in full, invalidated travel documents are accepted provided accompanied by a new travel document. The new travel document must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the expiration date of the visa.
Visitors traveling as tourist must hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay , an invitation letter ( Carta de Invitacion ) or a confirmation of hotel accommodation and documents required for their next destination.
Passports and/or passport replacing documents issued more than 10 years prior to date of travel are not accepted.
Visitors not holding return/onward ticket could be refused entry.
Vaccinations not required.
Kenyan Embassy in Madrid, Spain
Calle Jorge Juan 9 – 3º Dcha
28001 Madrid, Spain
Telephone: (+34) 91 781 2000
Fax: (+34) 91 576 0854
HEAD OF MISSION
Mr Bramwel Waliaula Kisuya, Ambassador
Travelling to Spain
Take advantage of incredible flight offers to China and discover the pulsting mega cities of Beijing and Shanghai, walk the Great wall and cruise the Yangtze river.