Travelling to Sri Lanka
If you are travelling to Sri Lanka for business or leisure you will require a visa to enter. Please note that the granting of any Sri Lankan Visa is dependent upon consular discretion.
Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the arrival date.
- Passport of applicant.
- Two passport size photographs – colored
- Return air ticket (not computer print-out)
- Original yellow fever vaccination certificate& copy
- Visa fee (depending on the passport subject to change)
- Duly filled visa application form.
- Letter of invitation (if being invited)
- Application to be submitted at least 2 weeks to date of travel.
- Copies of the passport.
- Hotel Reservation (Hotel Address)
- A copy of the credit card or bank statement
- If payments have to be made through the bank please note to address it to the credit of the Sir Lanka High Commission C/O Commercial Bank of Africa Ltd. Nairobi SWIFT CODE:CBAFKENX
- If any additional documents are required it will be advised by the relevant officer.
- Kenya – USD 50$
- British – USD. 54$
- India – USD 3$
- Tanzanian – USD 200$
- Ugandan – USD 30 $
- Ethiopian – USD 42$
- Sudan – USD 63$
Visitors must hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
Nationals of Kenya not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.
Passengers arriving within 6 days after leaving or transiting countries with risk of yellow fever.
Flights to Sri Lanka
Take advantage of incredible flight offers to China and discover the pulsting mega cities of Beijing and Shanghai, walk the Great wall and cruise the Yangtze river.