Travelling to Sweden
If you are travelling to Sweden for business or leisure you will require a visa to enter. Please note that the granting of any Swedish Visa is dependent upon consular discretion.
Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid for a minimum of 3 months beyond the period of intended stay.
Your application should be submitted in person to the Visa Application Center operated by VFS Kenya Ltd. in Nairobi.
VFS Swedish Visa Application Centre
One West Building 2nd Floor
Parklands Road (opposite Engen Petrol Station)
P.O.Box 25180 – 00100 Nairobi
Telephone number: +254 (0)20 2324795
Website: click on VFS Kenya
General requirements for obtaining a visa:
- Application for Schengen Visa – Application form (completed and signed)*
- Original passport* valid for travel to Sweden. Its validity shall extend at least three months after the date of departure from the territory of the Members States or, in case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States. The passport must have been issued within the last ten years and have at least two empty pages for visas.
- Photocopies of original passport including the Data Page, Immigration file number and any other visas, residence permits, entry and exit stamps.
- Previous passport in original if a new passport has been issued within the last year.
- Copy of national ID-card.
- Two color photos* not more then six months old, passport size (45 mm x 35 mm), full face and taken against a light background.
- Individual medical travel insurance which covers all costs that could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalization or medical repatriation. The insurance should cover costs of at least EUR 30,000 and be valid in all the Schengen countries.
- A current bank statement where your monthly salary shows.
- Letter from employer stating that you are employed, your monthly salary and that you have vacation time or have eligible vacation. (If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business license and tax return. If you are a student, include a letter from the school verifying enrollment)
- Preliminary ticket booking or travel itinerary.
- Proof of payment*.
- Visa KES 6,900 (Euro 60)
- Visa for children between 6 and 12 years (i.e. until the age of 12 minus 1 day) KES 4,000 (Euro 35)
In addition to the above mentioned requirements you need to submit documents relating to your trip’s purpose, accommodation, financial means and your personal establishment in Kenya.
Please see the specified requirements as per purpose of visit for more details. The mere submission of the listed documents does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. Individual assessments are made in every case. See the categories > here
If your application lacks any of the above documents marked with (*) it is considered inadmissible and your documents, including application fee will be returned to you without further notice. (Visa Code art. 19:3).
According to the Visa Code art. 9:1 the application may be submitted, at the earliest, three months before the planned entry date into the Schengen area.
Valid visas in full, invalidated travel documents are accepted provided accompanied by a new travel document.
Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
Passports and/or passport replacing documents issued more than 10 years prior to date of travel are not accepted.
Visitors not holding return/onward ticket could be refused entry.
Vaccinations not required.
Kenyan Embassy in Stockholm, Sweden
Birger Jarlsgatan 37, 2nd floor, Box 7694, 103 95 Stockholm, Sweden
Telephone(+46) 8 21 83 00, (+46) 8 21 83 04
Fax: (+46) 8 20 92 61
HEAD OF MISSION
Dr Joseph Kiprono Sang, Ambassador
Flights to Sweden
Take advantage of incredible flight offers to China and discover the pulsting mega cities of Beijing and Shanghai, walk the Great wall and cruise the Yangtze river.